Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Brand Transfer


The idea for this blog started with an innocent gesture: one of the Blue Men said "hello" to me after a show by placing his blue hand on my head. After his blue-ness was transferred onto my bald melon, I wasn't sure how to remove the paint. So, the mark remained on my head for several hours while we experienced the City Walk at Universal Studios. No doubt anyone who saw the hand knew where I had been -- the open hand is a trademark of the Blue Man Group and the blue color is obviously a recognizable visual queue.

This got me thinking about how other influences and preferences are transferred to everyone else we meet. The brands we like, the desires and attitudes we possess -- they all have a way of being projected at certain moments and affecting other people. Sometimes we're not even aware that it's happening.

No comments: